Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Dennis Morris Bob Marley Babylon By Van Art Print


1xRUN is proud to welcome legendary photographer Dennis Morris, who joins us as we celebrate Bob Marley's birthday with his debut RUN Babylon By Van featuring one of the very first (of many) iconic photos that Morris would take of the reggae superstar before he would prematurely pass away at the age of 36. Taken as Marley was set to begin his first ever tour of England, the photo captures a quiet moment between Morris and Marley in the band's small tour van.

The print is an 18 x 24 Inches Archival Pigment Print on 290gsm Moab Fine Art Rag Paper with a signed & numbered edition of 36.
"This is actually one of the photos I took of him (Bob Marley.) What happened was that I had met him, and he had told me about that tour that he was doing, and asked me if I would like to come along. I said yea. So I met him and we went to his hotel, and in those days they didn't have a tour bus, it's what you'd call a transit van. Basically the shot is when he turned around to me, because he's in the front row, he says 'You ready Dennis?' and I went *click* 'yea.' and so the adventure began. With that picture." - Dennis Morris
Buy it at 1xRun.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in